Popular Trends for Luxury Home Buyers
Whether you are selling a property in Portugal or buying a home in Portugal, you need to stay on top of the current luxury home design trends. These trends will influence the number of potential buyers you attract if you ever decide to sell your luxury home.
Conversely, if you are a buyer, you will want to make sure your new home in Portugal incorporates stylish future house design. Otherwise, you may find that you are having to renovate and remodel to bring the home up to current luxury home design trends.
Eco-Friendly Styling Features for Exceptional Exteriors
Eco-friendly designs are growing in popularity and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Look for ways to make landscaping and the home’s exterior to be more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly. Some of the trending eco-friendly exterior designs are:
- Rainwater Collection Systems: These systems collect rainwater that can be used for bathing, laundry, washing dishes, watering plants, and more.
- Solar Panels: Installing solar panels on the roof of the home provides an alternative energy source to lower energy bills. In some areas, the excess power you generate can be sold to the local utility company.
- Natural Fencing: Instead of wood or metal fencing, plant bamboo, shrubs, and other vegetation to create privacy.
- Colored Pebbled Yards: In areas where drought is common, people are getting rid of grass lawns. One viable landscaping option is replacing the grass with pebbles in various colors.
- Colored Rubber Mulch: Instead of using wood mulch around trees, shrubs, and other greenery, colored rubber mulch is stylish.
- Synthetic Lawns: Another popular option to reduce water usage and the costs associated with maintaining a pristine yard is to have it replaced with a synthetic lawn. Artificial grass gives the appearance of natural grass and remains green year-round.
- Solar Powered Heated Pools and Hot Tubs: To help offset the costs of heating pools and hot tubs, luxury home exterior designs are incorporating solar power to heat the water.
- Solar Powered Exterior Lighting: Another use for solar power is running exterior lighting around the home. Most people have the lights wired so they use solar power first, and then switch to electricity if necessary.
Other Styling Features for Exceptional Exteriors
People like spending more time outdoors, especially when they own a luxury home in Portugal. The mild winters and warm summers make it enjoyable to be outside even in January in most areas of the country.
This is why luxury home buyers look for homes with fully equipped outdoor kitchens, in-ground heated swimming pools, Jacuzzi hot tubs, pool houses, and outdoor dining areas. Equally popular and trendy are stylish fire tables and fire pits.
Technology is making advances in outdoor spaces, as well, which can add more value to luxury homes and attract even more buyers, such as:
- Outdoor Wide-Screen TVs/Projectors
- High-Tech Surround Sound Systems
- Wireless Internet Connectivity
Covered patios with removable or sliding patio walls are also trendy and stylish right now. These patios provide cover from direct sunlight and rain. The removable or sliding patio walls help keep inclement weather out while still allowing being able to enjoy and use the patio. On sunny days, the walls can be removed or slid out of the way to allow fresh breezes to flow through.
Eco-Friendly Styling Features for Exceptional Interiors
Eco-friendly interior house redesign is something luxury homeowners should do before listing their home for sale. Add some greenery like bamboo and other easy-to-care-for house plants in various rooms of the home. Incorporate smart technologies like smart LED lighting and smart thermostats that help reduce energy consumption.
Other eco-friendly upgrades you need include:
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Water-Conserving Rainfall Showerheads
- Water-Conserving Fixtures
- Water-Conserving Appliances
- Adding More Insulation
- Insulated Windows
- New Heating and Cooling System
Each of these upgrades is designed to help save water and cut energy costs to make luxury homes more energy-efficient and eco-friendly.
Technology Styling Features for Exceptional Interiors
Technology is a big part of future house design plans. Smart homes are very popular with luxury home buyers. They like having an automated home where they can control numerous house functions from an app on their smartphones. Some smart home technology you will want in your luxury home whether you are buying or selling include:
- Personal Assistant Devices: Some type of personal assistant is a must-have for the smart home of the future. Instead of having to use the app on your smartphone, you can just ask Alexia, Siri, or Google Assistant to turn on lights, set the security alarm, or order groceries to restock your refrigerator.
- Wireless Smart LED Lighting: Wi-Fi-enabled smart LED lighting allows you not only to turn lights on and off but also adjust the brightness of individual bulbs. You can also create schedules to control when lights turn on and off. Some smart LED bulbs can even change colors to help set the ambiance and mood of the room.
- Wi-Fi-Enabled Smart Thermostat: A smart thermostat makes it easy to turn on the heat or air conditioning without having to get up and walk to the thermostat. You can create heating and cooling schedules as well.
- Smart Refrigerator: No luxury home would be complete without a smart refrigerator. This technology allows you to interact with the refrigerator to create an inventory of foods and beverages you stock inside. When you run out, you can tell the refrigerator to simply add the item to your grocery list. Some smart refrigerators also include touchscreen displays where you can watch TV, watch recipe videos, and more.
- Smart Stove: Smart stoves are one of the newest smart home advances. These stoves include refrigeration to keep cool food until you are ready for the stove to turn on and start baking. You can also use verbal commands to set the temperature, stove cycle (bake, broil, etc.), and to set a timer. You can even program the stove for multi-stage cycles, as when you want to bake something for an hour and then have the broiler turn on for five minutes to brown the top.
- Smart Window Treatments: Smart window treatments are another of the newer smart home technologies. These treatments are installed between two window panes. You simply use your personal assistant or smartphone app to open and close the windows treatments.
- Smart HD TVs: Smart HD TVs were one of the first smart devices on the market. Since their release, smart HD TV technology has improved drastically for the better. You can find Smart TVs today that will display pictures when they are turned off, so they look like works of art when hung on a wall, which is very stylish in luxury homes.
- Smart Home Security Systems: Luxury homeowners do like to have a sense of safety and security in their homes. Smart home security systems are another must-have feature that buyers look for when viewing luxury homes. These types of security systems allow you to turn the system on or off, set specific zones, monitor security cameras, and more.
Other Styling Features for Exceptional Interiors
Other styling features luxury home buyers want in their new home area:
- Spacious, Open Floor Plans: Having a grand entrance that connects to open and expansive rooms is a highly sought-after feature in luxury homes.
- Large Kitchens with Warming Drawers: Whether your staff members or you are doing the cooking, you want a commercial-grade kitchen that has warming drawers, wine coolers, high-quality appliances, large pantries, and large islands.
- Wine Cellars: No luxury home in Portugal would be complete without its own wine cellar stocked with Portugal’s famous Port wines.
- Prime Locations: From beach-front properties to remote country settings and vineyards, people want their luxury home in a prime location that suits their needs and sense of style.
- Game Rooms: For families and those who like to entertain, having a game room is a must-have feature. Game rooms can include any type of setup, ranging from video game systems and pool tables to poker tables.
- Theater Rooms: A state-of-the-art theater is perfect for watching movies, television programs, sporting events, and concerts.
- Spa-Inspired Bathrooms: People want to be able to have spa-like experiences in their luxury home, with spa-inspired bathrooms having heated floors, large soaking tubs, spacious walk-in showers, steam rooms, and more.
- Exercise/Fitness Rooms: People are more health-conscious today and want to stay fit by having access to exercise and modern fitness equipment in their own dedicated space in their luxury home.
- Dressing Rooms/Walk-In Closets: Another must-have for luxury homes, dressing rooms and walk-in closets provide proper space for storing clothing and getting dressed.
- Spacious Master Bathroom: Every luxury home needs at least one spacious master bathroom with radiant heated flooring, heated toilet seat, soaking tub, walk-in shower, two vanity sinks, and other upscale features.
There are many modern, eco-friendly, and stylish features luxury home buyers desire when buying a home in Portugal. Luxury home sellers who are selling property in Portugal need to be aware of these trends to attract the most buyers.
For help buying or selling a luxury home in Portugal, please feel free to contact Living Portugal Property at +351 92 777 1776 today! We can help you find the perfect luxury beach house, sea view villa, country estate, vineyard, or other luxury homes.
We can also help you sell your luxury property by helping you find the right buyers.
Click below to view our properties for sale.